The Ultimate Dyslexia Guide
Dyslexia is incredibly difficult to pinpoint as it has so many different symptoms. To understand it you need to analyse a fair amount of data. This means that there are many undiagnosed students and adults struggling to get ahead.
If you are completely puzzled as to what is causing you or your child’s learning difficulties then now is the time to find out all you need to know.
WHETHER IT’S SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS, LONG TERM EFFECTS OR LEGAL ENTITLEMENTS – WE’VE GOT IT COVERED.
Understanding Dyslexia At School & In The Workplace:
How Our Understanding Has Developed
There was a time in the history of learning difficulties when the word
dyslexia wasn’t used and little understood. Little was known about the
possiblities of dyslexia and even dyslexics themselves.
Children were labeled ‘careless’, ‘dumb’, ‘stupid’ or worse.
Make no mistake – whilst we’d like to think those days are long
gone – it’s not always that easy.
Dyslexia is a complex condition affecting individuals differently and leaving us confused as to what it really means to be ‘dyslexic’.
Because dyslexia has around 30 different symptoms and any number of combinations. Even differing from sibling to sibling.
The Definitive List of the
Web’s Best Dyslexia Resources
FROM SIGNS & SYMPTOMS TO LEGAL ENTITLEMENTS, THIS GUIDE HAS YOU COVERED
Signs & Symptoms of Dyslexia
If you are new to the world of Dyslexia – or looking to understand it further – these resources will help explain the fundementals to you. The more you understand it, the better you’ll be at making the right decisions and choices in your journey
- The 12 Most Common Signs & Symptoms of Dyslexia
- BDA – Indications, Hints & Tips for Primary Students
- BDA – Indications, Hints & Tips for Secondary Students
- Dyslexia: What You’re Seeing
- Signs of Dyslexia – Preschool Years to Young Adult
- Through Your Child’s Eyes
- What is Dyslexia? – VIDEO
- Does My Child Have a Special Need Or Is Their Difficulty Normal?
How Can I Tell If I Am Dyslexic?
Somebody comments that you might be dyslexic – but how can you tell? For an offical diagnosis you work through your study centre to be assessed by an Educational Psychologist. For a quick check? There is a host of helpful tests, talks and information for you.
The Long Term Effects of Dyslexia
Dyslexia isn’t exactly ‘terminal’, but you don’t ever grow out of it. Therefore how it will affect you long term is something all of us want to know. The good news is that it really depends what you do about it. Which means you personally can impact the long term results and we’ll show you how on the following links.
How To Make Dyslexia Your Friend
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse and you thought you or your loved one would surely end up in prison you are thrown a life ring. There are a ton of really great sides to dyslexia and many have already chosen to use them in their own special way. Now it’s your turn.
- Embracing Dyslexia – VIDEO
- The Dyslexia Benefits – Prof Stein – VIDEO
- Stop Climbing, Start Swimming The Hidden Advantages – VIDEO
- The Unappreciated Benefits of Dyslexia
- Making Dyslexia Work For You
- Unlocking The Hidden Potential Of The Dyslexic Brain
- Dyslexia Is Not A Disability – It’s A Gift
- Gift Or Affliction?
- Dyslexia: Point Of Pride Or Flaw To Hide?
Best Dyslexia Tools (To Get Ahead Fast)
There’s nothing like a helping hand if you are finding things challenging. The below tools and lists of tools can give you a leg up. Many of them are easily affordable and after a short time you’ll wonder how you ever managed without them.
- The Dead Easy Spelling Aid App
- The Self-Help Guide For Teens With Dyslexia
- Memory & Speed Reading Training – Learn Faster
- How to Spell – Spelling Lessons For Adults
- Dyslexia Action’s Recommended Assisstive Technologies
- BDA Recommended Speech Recognition Software
- Dragon Dyslexia Solutions – Take the Struggle Out Of Writing
- LiveScribe – Never Miss A Word
- Dyslexie Font – Make Reading Easy
- Crossbow Education – Visual Stress & Dyslexia Resources
- Specialist Tutoring
Your Legal Entitlements For Education & Work
It can be confusing to know how much help and support you are entitled to, both when studying and in employment. With Dyslexia being a ‘hidden disability’ there will be times when your needs will be overlooked and you will have to ask for it. Knowing what you are entitled to will give you the confidence to do that.
- British Dyslexia Association – Legislation
- Navigating The Changes In Special Educational Needs Provision
- Support At School
- Support At College And University
- Dyslexia In Higher Education – Employers Responsibilities
- Employer Advice
- Support At Work Or When Seeking Work
- Give Scrappers A Chance – The VIDEO Your Boss Needs To See
How To Choose The Right School
Out of all the questions that people ask ‘How do I choose the right school for my child?’ is a frequent one. School is responsible for so much of your childs future and you want to be sure you get the right one. Now you can.
Incredible Treatments With Life Changing Results
For a long time it has been felt that Dyslexia is not a disease therefore it cannot be treated. As our understanding of dyslexia develops we are seeing traditional approaches challenged more and more – often with outstanding results. Many times it is by the creations of fellow dyslexics who with incredible ingenuity and perception have provided inspirational programs for their fellow sufferers.
Amazing Case Studies
Nothing beats a case study to show you what’s working. Here are some amazing case studies from people just like you who wanted to get ahead in life. You’ll learn how other people – just like you – countered their challenges and shifted their gears.
- Carlin 10yrs – “Reading at ½ her age, now she’s above her age.”
- Jack 12yrs – “We wanted him to enjoy school.”
- Aidan 14yrs – “Nowhere near his predicted grades, then he suddenly jumped.”
- Amy 51yrs – “Would fall into a stupor after reading a few lines.”
- Bryan 9yrs – “Failing almost all his weekly spelling tests.”
- Teresa 9yrs – “Low self-esteem & trouble keeping up with homework.”
Download a free PDF version of this Ultimate Dyslexia Guide…
Contains a bonus chapter: Step-by-Step Ultimate Dyslexia Guide Tutorials